Hello from my little corner of Missouri. We’ve had snow and crazy cold temps, but today the high will be 50º F. Woo-hoo! I’m not complaining. How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
1. 5-Day Challenge. I rarely sign up for free webinars, classes, etc. However, with the New Year comes new things. So this past week, I jumped into a free business challenge that was every day for an hour. Then I got all kinds of wild and paid $47 for VIP access and an extra hour of Q&A and education daily. TEN hours in a Zoom room with about a dozen other women with many hopes and dreams.
In all honesty, it had its pros and cons. Nevertheless, I showed up, did the homework, and learned some great things. I realized several areas within my business need to be evaluated and structured differently.
I wanted to jump into some coaching, but DANG…. coaching isn’t cheap (like $7k for six months). I had to put that one on the back burner and start taking action alone for now.
Thankfully, I have some excellent local resources I can bounce ideas off of for now. I can always revisit the coaching later in the year. We’ll see.
2. Nash. Lord, give me strength. Haha. In complete transparency, I forgot how hard having a puppy can be. We can’t seem to figure out the best overnight scenario. We started with the crate, then let him sleep on a pouf in the trailer and allowed it for about a week after returning home. Nash is very restless at night, so no one is sleeping soundly. This menopausal mama needs to sleep! We’re migrating back to the crate, and I anticipate a lot of sad whimpers, but tough love will have to win this battle.
He’s so friggin’ cute, though. Right?!?!
We had a slight mishap with mud this week too. Steve was the hero in that situation — he cleaned the floor with the Swiffer and bathed Nash. There are still mud splatters in my office. 🙄🤦🏼♀️
3. SURVEY. May I have your attention, please!! It’s reader survey time. 🤩 It’s crazy that I’ve only done one other survey over the years, but I’m reevaluating a few things, and your input is invaluable. Unless you overthink stuff like me, I promise it will only take 2-3 minutes. It’s anonymous, and honesty is greatly appreciated.
Thank you! BIG HUG. 🤗
4. Quote. I saw this quote on Instagram earlier this month, “change is scary, but through the fear, you will undergo a beautiful transformation. adapt. rework. metamorphose. the butterfly didn’t always have wings. -cm writer
I had to create a shareable graphic. I think it’s a beautiful reminder about change and the butterfly is a magnificent illustration. Feel free to save a copy and share it on your social media. I have so many squares on my phone… it’s comical.
5. The Workshop. I finally visited this coffee shop in Ozark, MO, located at Finley Farms properties (owned by Johnny Morris). It has such a rustic feel. I loved it. Excellent coffee, and the Cranberry Pecan Muffin was dee-lish. 😋
However, I might want to visit on a cloudy day. Ha! As you can see in the picture above, one wall is garage doors of windows– so it is bright in there. And let’s be honest; there are very few non-sunny spots to sit. For a menopausal woman, that’s a little stressful. When it comes to clothes, layering is my friend these days.
Does anyone see a theme in my life? Menopause much? 😂 Yeah, good times.
6. Peanut Butter Brownies. Ummmm, for the first time EVER, I swirled Peanut Butter into a pan of brownies this week. I had a sweet tooth and rolled with making a pan of brownies (with Peanut Butter).
Holy Moly, was that good…. and I’ve also never mixed confectionary sugar with peanut butter (the recipe said to do that). It was as smooth as butter and oh-so-delicious. 😂🤣
Seriously, I can’t believe I’ve never done that before. Especially when peanut butter could quite possibly be one of my love languages. 😳 RIGHT?!?! My all-time favorite PB and usually the only one I eat. #PBSNOB
7. Football. Are any of you big football fans out there? I catch a game every now and again. This Sunday will determine the teams for the BIG DAY (aka Super Bowl). Who are you rooting for? I’m praying it’s not the Eagles vs. Chiefs — haha. If it is, we’ll be cheering on Philly. We got the East Coast blood in our veins, so there’s that.
I thought a round of up Game Day-themed treats, games, and more would be fun. Enjoy!
Around the Web: Game Day
These Football Stress Balls.
This Football Word Scramble.
These Cupcake Ring Toppers.
These Game Day Recipes.
Love this t-shirt — who’s with me?
These Disposable Snack Bowls. 🏈
Adorable Super Bowl Favors.
This Healthy Game Day Charcuterie Board.
These Homemade Soft Bite Pretzels.
Leave a Reply