Happy hellos from my home to yours. I’m so excited the weekend is here. I’ve really been trying to keep Saturday and Sunday as personal days — rest, housework, etc. How do you spend your weekends?
Be sure to sign up for my email to get
new recipes and creative ideas
sent right to your inbox!
photo credit: Gooseberry Ridge Farm
1. Goats, flower picking, baby bunnies, and more can be found at the local Gooseberry Bridge Farm. Last year I did go and pick a bouquet of flowers. I fell in love with the small family farm.
Since then, they’ve added so much more for the local community to come out and enjoy. How I stumbled across this sweet place was by chance, but I’m sure glad I did.
Anywho, be sure to see if you have any family-friendly places like this in your local area.
2. I’m trying to get myself excited about
cleaning purging our clothes closet. It’s a hot mess. So I’ve been looking for options on storage, organization, and maximizing space.
Aren’t these wall-mounted shoe holders clever?
3. It was a great week on the blog, with a healthy dinner round-up and a boho-themed printable that has such a lovely reminder on it about finding beauty in the everyday little things. Be sure to check it out. Mmmmkay?
4. This is a statement that really struck a chord with me:
People who mind, don’t matter and the people who matter, don’t mind.
Isn’t that great? I think it made me appreciate my circle of friends a little more because they get me. They don’t mind that I’m a big dork sometimes, I overthink EVERYTHING and crack myself up 99% of the time. Ya know? Does that make sense?
On that note, let me ask, have you ever stained paper with tea (or maybe coffee)? Well, I found this tutorial and I’m thinking it might be a fun afternoon project with my sister. And this post has some great texture ideas for the tea-dyed paper.
Then I think, “Hmmmmm, maybe I should just buy some?” The struggle is real, friends. Haha.
6. This past week I heard this random fact on a local radio station…. ready? The crunch sound of food is made by mini sonic booms; breaking at 300 meters per second or faster. What the what? Sonic booms?!? Incredible.
7. Have you ever had Jeni’s Ice Cream? I happened to stumble across someone talking about it on Instagram and became curious. I’m a curious George. No doubt. Haha.
However, I did wait until they released the Strawberry Pretzel Pie flavor (specially made for Dolly Parton) before I ordered.
On a side note, it still amazes me that we can order ice cream online and it will show up on our front porch frozen. I digress.
Anywho, the ice cream isn’t exactly cheap, but it sure is delicious. We ordered 4 different flavors, it might be something to consider for a special treat (wink-wink).
8. Do any of you live in an area where Pampas Grass grows? I find that dried stems make the beautiful decor. And after reading this article and finding that it could grow in Missouri, I might have to see about finding some seeds.
AROUND THE WEB:
These 5-ingredient Peanut Butter Cups (holy cow, yum!)
French Fries Board, anyone?
This Flower Market Free Printable (great for Spring and Summer)
Fabulous DIY Rattan Style Lamp Upcycle
A sweet Life is Short Lemon Printable.
These Almond Tea Cakes
Amazing DIY Daybed for $50
Hugs and Blessings!