My sister had been talking about a Taco Soup recipe that her co-worker had made for MONTHS. So, I poked around the internet and found a couple of recipes — but, I asked my sister to ask her friend (Dawn) if they were similar. Nope.
They weren’t similar — womp womp womp. Dawn quickly corrected some of the ingredients and how-to’s. She said she didn’t really have a formal recipe. I guess it’s one of those that she just pulls together for memory.
One weekend, I finally made a batch. Guess what? It was amazing! Mmmmmm. I love tacos and I love soup, so this dish is a match made in heaven!
If you love tacos, then you’re in for a real treat with this Taco Soup. A delicious and hearty soup that won’t last long! Enjoy.
- 1 pound ground beef drained
- 1 10 oz can of Original Rotel
- 1 15 oz. can canned corn, drained
- 1 16 oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 16 oz. can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 envelop Taco Bell taco seasoning
- 1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch
- Salt and Pepper optional
- Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Frito Chips
- Sour Cream
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet until crumbly and add water.
- Add envelope of taco seasoning and mix well.
- Add envelope of hidden valley ranch and mix well.
- Add rotel, corn, and beans.
- Simmer until ready to serve.
- Serve topped with Frito Chips, grated cheese and/or sour cream.