These Salmon Patties are so simple to make and pair perfectly with salad, rice or fresh steamed vegetable!
I love sharing recipes with you that are close to my heart. While I know this isn’t a new creation, this is one that my mom shared with me and we enjoyed many times growing up. I added the dill butter, as we usually ate them without a sauce. However, they’re good either way!
When I was younger, my favorite part of these salmon patties were the edible little bones in the salmon. I would actually be devastated if I didn’t have any. Silly, I know — but a memory that makes me smile and takes me on a stroll down memory lane. I have many fond memories of the family dinners we shared. Sometimes I wish a time machine did exists, wouldn’t it be great to revisit some of these moments in time?
Easy Salmon Patties with Dill Butter
- 1 can 14.75 oz Pink Salmon
- 1 egg
- 2-3 white crackers crushed
- 2 tsp. dill freshly chopped
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter divided
- 1-3 drops of lemon juice optional
- Mix all ingredients in bowl until consistency is sufficient to form patties.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in pan and cook patties, turning at least once.
- Melt 1/4 cup unsalted salter in bowl.
- Add dill and lemon, stirring until mixed well.
- Pour immediately over salmon patties and serve.
The hubs and I enjoy these every so often and I love pairing mine with Garlic Sautéed Spinach. Mmmmm! Without the butter, this really is a very healthy dish too.