Steak lovers rejoice! This mouthwatering Bacon-Wrapped Filet Mignon recipe is perfectly seasoned, baked in a cast iron skillet and an explosion of flavor on your pallet.
Bacon-Wrapped Filet Mignon
Today I’m sharing one of our all-time favorite dishes around my home, this perfectly seasoned Bacon-Wrapped Filet Mignon.
We usually grill our filets outdoors. However, with the cooler weather rolling in, I thought I would share a way to prepare them indoors, using an oven safe skillet or cast iron pan. My husband is king of the grill, so I think I impressed him with my indoor techniques! They were mouthwatering.
Pair these delicious filets with a vegetable and a baked potato — and dinner is served!
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 beef filet steak 8 to 10 ounces, 2 inches thick
- 2 pieces of thick bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat the over to 450 degrees.
- Mix extra virgin olive oil, salt and black pepper on a plate.
- Wrap each filet with bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Rub steaks into seasoning on plate, all sides.
- Let meat marinade at room temperature for 30-45 minutes.
- When melted, add filet to skillet and sear on both sides, about 1 minute per side.
- Remove the skillet from the stove top and place into the oven.
- Cook until medium rare, 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Now that we have this indoor option for making these bacon-wrapped filets, we’ve been enjoying them quite a bit more! I hope you give this recipe a try and let me know what you think.
Looking for another dinner option? This Skinny Beef Stroganoff is a favorite around here.