A very popular party theme around this time of the year is the Ugly Sweater Christmas Party! Recently I spotted a sweater cookie cutter at Target and snatched it up to have some holiday fun in making some Ugly Sweater Sugar Cookies!
My sister and I made these together. We laughed at how hard it was to make these cookies ugly. As a perfectionist, making these ugly seemed a wee-bit difficult.
Start by making the cookies using the sugar cookie recipe below. This Sugar Cookie recipe has been in the family since we were kiddos, thanks to Betty Crocker!
Once the cookies are made, it’s time to get ready for a little de-cor-ating! Woo- hoo.
And, for the record, I am not a professional cookie maker, decorator, etc. I’m only showing what we did. There are so many great ways to add your personal touch to cookies!
Supplies for decorating Sugar Cookies:
- In a large bowl, beat powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, almond extract and egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and cream of tartar.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to to 375.
- Divided dough in half. Roll each half 1/4" thick on lightly floured surface. Cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters. Sprinkle with granulated sugar, optional.
- Place cutouts on cookie sheet, around 2" apart.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
*Affiliate links are included for your convenience. Using these links costs you nothing and helps me make a small percentage of the sales. Thank you for your support of Live Laugh Rowe.