Happy Monday! Are you getting a taste of some of the cooler temps in you neck of the woods? They’ve teased us a few days here and there, so I pulled out my handy dandy crock pot and whipped up some soup! During the cooler months, I could eat soups/chowders/stews or chili every single day. They are pure comfort foods when the coats and boots come out. Wouldn’t you agree? I originally shared this recipe over at ForRent.com; however, I thought I’d share this Simple Slow Cooker Corn Chowder with all of you today.
Slow Cooker Corn Chowder
- Homemade Corn Chowder
- 6 tbsp. Bacon Pieces or six slices of bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 2 packages approx. 10 oz. frozen whole-kernel corn, broken apart
- 1 can 14.75 oz. cream-style corn
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup half-n-half creamer
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter
- In a skillet, add bacon pieces, onion and potatoes and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Drain well, if necessary. Combine all ingredients in crock-pot and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
I love corn, so this soup was a home run!
Paired with some bread and butter — dinner is served.
Do you have a favorite soup recipe? Share in the comments,
I’ve love to give it a try and share on social media!