Slow Cooker Candied Pecans
If you’re looking for a simple homemade gift to give your friends this holiday, these slow cooker candied pecans are the perfect option. A crunchy treat that is sweet and seasoned with cinnamon flavor.
Why this recipe seems to only come out around the holidays is beyond me — because it’s awesome sauce. My husband asked what was in the crockpot and after I replied he said, “uh-oh, those are dangerous.”
Be sure to sign up for my email to get new recipes
and creative ideas sent right to your inbox!
I’ve made candied pecans on the stovetop for years. However, I thought I would give the slow cooker version a try and share it with you.
For some reason, a lot of the crockpot recipes for these candied pecans don’t clearly communicate the urgency of checking on the pecans often and adding water, as necessary. Why? Burning. There is nothing wrong with learning as you go; however, pecans aren’t especially cheap — so that’s a mistake worth trying to avoid.
Slow Cooker Candied Pecans require you to be able to check on them every 20-30 minutes for 2 to 3 hours, so keep that in mind when making your recipe plans.
Be sure to PIN this yummy recipe!
Can you make Candied Pecans without Egg?
Yes, you can make candied pecans without egg, just not with this recipe. This Stovetop Candied Pecan recipe should do the trick! The ingredients for this one are evaporated milk, sugar, water, vanilla, cinnamon, and pecans.
These make a great gift, friend. Place them in some festive bowls for your holiday guests to nibble on too. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Candied Pecans
- 1 large egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon, adding more is optional
- 1/4 cup water, if needed
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites and vanilla together until frothy, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Coat the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place the pecans in the slow cooker and pour the egg white and vanilla mixture over the pecans. Stir to ensure an even coating.
- Add the cinnamon and sugar mixture, stirring the pecans for an even coating.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low heat for 2 to 3 hours.
- Stir the pecans ever 20-30 minutes. If necessary, add a little water towards the end of the cooking time (last hour).
- Remove the pecans from the slow cooker and place on a baking tray or parchment paper to dry, cool and ensure a crispy coating.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Looking for some more dessert treats? Be sure to check out all of the Tastes of the Season blogger recipes below.
Taste of the Season Christmas Recipes
Peppermint Whipped Cream by Ella Claire & Co. | Fondant Christmas Cupcakes by Craftberry Bush | Old Fashioned Peanut Brittle by anderson + grant | Dairy Free 4 Ingredient Salted Caramels by Zevy Joy | No-Bake Healthy Coconut Bars by Tidbits
Easy Peppermint Bark by Jenna Kate at Home | Black Walnut Christmas Cake by Inspired by Charm | Chocolate Covered Marshmallows with Salted Pretzel Topping by Boxwood Avenue | Christmas Popcorn by Town and Country Living | Snowman Cheese Ball by Julie Blanner
Slow Cooker Candied Pecans by Live Laugh Rowe | Fudgy Peppermint Coconut Flour Brownies by Farmhouse on Boone | Hot Peppermint Mocha by Shabbyfufu | Homemade Take 5 Peanut Butter Cups by Chronicles of Home | Slow Cooker Chocolate Peppermint Pretzels by Nest of Posies
Berry Topped Chocolate Cake by French Country Cottage | Pecan Butter Tart Bars by So Much Better With Age | Chocolate Pinecones by My Sweet Savannah | Peanut Butter Fudge by My 100-Year-Old Home | Simple Holiday Fudge by House 214 Design
Connect with Live Laugh Rowe!
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
Hugs and Blessings!
Leave a Reply