I could totally live on appetizers… they’re usually smaller portions, bite size, and delicious! Dips and chips fall into the category of appetizers, right? Some appetizers can make great snacks too! This Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Dip is awesome-sauce and packed with flavor!
I decided to try my hand at this because I love roasted red peppers and feta. How could I pass up this flavor combination? So, I made this for the first time when I held my wine party back in June! (Be sure to check out my tips for planning a wine party too).
Anywho, the Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Dip was a hit; however, a couple of guests said it had a bite to it, but I’m thinking it was from the feta cheese! Feta cheese has a bit of a punch to it. Of course, we all of our own distinct flavor palates too. Served with pita chips added the perfect bit of salty crunch. This dip could be served like a hummus as well… with pita slices, vegetables, etc.
|Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Dip|| |
- 2 (12 oz) jars Roasted Bell Peppers
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- Crumbled feta cheese, for garnish (optional)
- Puree peppers, oil, garlic and cheese in food processor.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle additional feta cheese, optional.
- Serve with pita chips, pita, crackers or vegetables.