If there is one thing I love about fall, it’s all things pumpkin. These Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting certainly fit the bill.
This was a new pumpkin recipe to me — but it had me at pumpkin and cream cheese frosting. Mmmm. I love cupcakes too. Why? Well, they’re perfectly portioned pieces of cake. Hee-hee.
And two or three
slices cupcakes is normal, right? I may be exaggerating a bit there, or am I? HA! Nevertheless, these are delicious and make a great option for your fall entertainment. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pans with liners.
- Place flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, baking soda and salt in a large bowl and whisk to break up any lumps; set aside
- Place the sugar and measured oil in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until the sugar in incorporated, about 1 minute. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Return the mixer to medium speed and add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, about 1 ½ minutes total mixing time. Reduce the speed to medium low, add the pumpkin, and beat until just combined, about 30 seconds. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides.
- Turn the mixer to low speed, slowly add the flour mixture, and beat until almost completely incorporated, about 1 minute. Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in any unincorporated flour at the edges with a spatula.
- Fill the muffin wells ¾ full. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Place the powdered sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium bowl and whisk to combine
- Place the cream cheese and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and beat on medium speed until fully combined and smooth, about 1 minute
- Reduce speed to low, slowly add the powdered sugar mixture and beat until fully incorporated and smooth, about 3 minutes. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl
- Turn the mixer to medium speed, add the pumpkin, and mix until fully incorporated and smooth, about 1 minute. Use immediately.
For the frosting, the 4B tip by Wilton was used.