A few weeks ago, my sweet friend Jessica from Dear Emmeline invited me to participate in a fabulous 25 Days of Christmas Series with her and eleven other fabulous bloggers. Let me tell you, I’m in good company! At the bottom of the post is a list of those bloggers and links to all of their projects! Woo-Hoo!
Today I’m sharing an incredibly easy and perfect holiday treat, Peppermint Meltaways.
Remember the Peppermint Cookie Bark I shared recently, one of the many recipes my mom gave to me? Here’s some more peppermint love. I can’t say that I remember where this recipe is from. I tend to pull, cut and/or tear recipes out of magazines and papers and put them in a binder to reference later. This was the year I decided to pull this recipe and share it with you. I was pleasantly surprised how easy they were to make! You’re sure to impress your neighbors and friends with these mouthwatering treats.
- Cookie Ingredients
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1-1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Corn Starch
- Glaze Ingredients
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/3 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Candy Canes or Starlite Candies crushed
- Combine butter, powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add flour and cornstarch. Beat until well mixed. Cover, refrigerate until firm (approximately 30 to 60 minutes)
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated 350 oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies. To make glaze, combine powdered sugar, butter, peppermint extract and enough milk for desired consistency in small bowl. Immediately sprinkle with crushed candy.
Be sure to swing by and visit with all of these fabulous ladies too!
A big thanks to Jessica for coordinating and hosting as well.
Happy Holidays, sweet friends.
Let the baking begin!