Hi guys! It’s Lyuba from Will Cook For Smiles again. I’m sharing another recipe with you today. It’s Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Glaze. A chocolate/peanut butter flavor combination that we all love so much in a cupcake!
It’s time for me to say farewell to you, LLR readers. I’ve had a very busy year and it won’t get any easier. I feel like I have to rush my guest posts out to you and I feel very bad doing it. I can’t seem to give it 100% and I don’t feel right doing it quickly. My family, school and my own blog take all my time and need all my devotion. This has been a fun experience and you guys are great! You can still come and visit me at Will Cook For Smiles. I enjoyed hanging out with you this year and I will miss you!
So with this sad goodbye, I bring you something sweet. These chocolate cupcakes are fantastic. They are chocolaty rich, moist and soft. Paired perfectly with warm peanut butter glaze. Peanut butter and chocolate make a heavenly flavor combination that we all love so much. These cupcakes will make everyone very happy!
Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Glaze
- 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups of hot water
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 3/4 cups of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Peanut Butter Glaze:
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs butter
- Preheat the over to 350. Line the muffin pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
- Mix hot, boiling water with unsweetened cocoa powder. Stir well and set aside.
- Stir flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together until combined.
- Whisk together the vegetable oil, vanilla extract, eggs and sour cream.
- Slowly pour in the egg mixture into the dry ingredients, while mixing on low speed. Once it's combined, bring the speed up to medium and beat for about two minutes.Turn off the mixer and scrape the sides and the bottom of the bowl.
- On low speed, slowly pour in the hot cocoa. Mix until just combined.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups and bake for 18-20 minutes. Do a toothpick test to make sure that the cupcakes are completely cooked.
- Peanut Butter Glaze: In a small sauce pot, combine peanut butter, milk, sugar and butter and set the heat to medium. Slowly and constantly whisk with a silicone covered whisk until smooth. When it's nicely smooth, take off heat. Add to cupcakes while it's still warm.
Thank you having me this year, Kelly!
It’s been a pleasure!