Happy hellos from Rogersville, MO. Remember me? The girl who used to pop into your Inbox once a week? Haha.
Between taking a much-needed vacation and experiencing more loss this past week, I just needed to take some mental health days. And if I’m being honest, I’m pretty sure I’ll be taking more of them over the next couple of weeks too.
I suffer from anxiety. So, watching the shifts our country is taking, losing my fur baby, attending a funeral for a friend who passed away, finding out my car was totaled after my July accident, etc, etc. It’s all unsettling and has an impact on my heart and mind, creating anxiety. A lot of anxiety lately.
Life is hard and God is good, but I’ll tell you what — I’m also human. Yep. Perfectly imperfect.
With that being said — if you’ve felt overwhelmed lately, you’re not alone. I’m so glad that my hope is in the Lord. I was listening to this song, Jireh, in the car earlier today and it was a reminder that God is enough. He is all we need.
“But I will sing of your strength; I will sing aloud of your steadfast love in the morning. For you have been to me a fortress and a refuge in the day of my distress.” Psalm 59:16 (ESV).
Often I turn on worship music and allow my heart and mind to find a peaceful place where I can just rest. I hope you can do the same, whatever that may look like.
1. Let me start by sharing a devotional I started reading before bed each night this past week. It’s called Worry Less, Pray More: A Women’s Devotional Guide to Anxiety-Free Living. It’s been a blessing to end each day with a word of encouragement, scripture and really quiet my heart and soul.
2. We took a week to enjoy the Florida sunshine and breezy beaches in Sanibel, FL. Steve and I had a great time just relaxing. I was sipping on Pina Coladas (unfortunately, there were no BBC’s on the menu), listening to music, and reading a Nicholas Sparks book.
3. I found a new love for shelling while in Sanibel. I even bought myself a sand dipper while I was there. So many beautiful shells were found. They came home with me as my favorite souvenir of all time.
4. Have you been watching any of the Olympics? Gymnastics are a favorite of mine. I missed a lot of them while out of town, but that’s what DVRs are for, right? I even bought a Team USA sweatshirt from Old Navy to show support. U-S-A!
5. Today I got my 10-pound charm at WW (Weight Watchers). Considering vacation and some emotional eating I did this past week, I was tickled silly to lose weight and hit this mile marker.
6. Did you know that a shark will never outgrow its environment? So, a shark in a fish tank will only grow approximately 8 inches, but in the ocean, it will grow to 8 feet or more. Isn’t that incredible? Random, I know. However, it’s a pretty cool fact nonetheless, right?
Around the Web:
These Peach Upside Down Mini Cakes.
This Coconut Sorbet. Yes, please.
And these Mini Mason Lid Jar Strawberry Pies.
These (super fun) Chocolate DIpped Fruit-Filled Cones.