Happy Saturday from a cold and slightly warmer Missouri. Today’s high is 21º F.
Isn’t this picture amazing? A gal I follow on Facebook shared it this week — a picture-perfect Red Barn surrounded by snow in Michigan.
1. Due to frigid temperatures, I hunkered down in front of my computer a lot this week. Therefore, it was a very productive week around these parts. Woo-hoo! And I decided on my word for the year: GRIT.
I texted a friend a few weeks ago that I was entering the new year with Grit. After that, I pondered why I typed that.
There must have been something subconsciously that made me type that. So, I decided that my word for 2024 is Grit. It’s on my heart to persevere through hard and disappointing things and achieve specific goals.
2. If you live near a Nothing Bundt Cakes location, sign up for their e-mails. You’ll periodically get Buy 1 Get One coupons. 99% of the time, we take advantage of these coupons and get two for approximately $6.50.
Anywho, I’m a creature of habit. I always get the Lemon Bundt Cake. However, they currently have a special Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt. OMG! If you know me well enough, you would know that I LOVE peanut butter.
I wanted to try it but was afraid I’d be disappointed. I asked the girl at the register about it. She said if you like peanut butter, you’ll enjoy it.
I thought, what the heck… and let me tell you, friends, that bundt cake did not disappoint. I was worried about the cream cheese and peanut butter combination; however, it was delicious.
Every single bite was delicious. And I’m 100% not being paid to tell you that. HA!
3. In one of my devotions this week, I learned that there is a Library of Mistakes in Edinburgh, Scotland. Apparently, it features a collection of more than two thousand books that can help educate the next generation of economists. Who knew? The curators believe that learning from prior mistakes is the only way to build a strong economy.
4. Football. Let me lead this conversation with the fact that I’m not a football fanatic. I typically watch the games because my husband does. However, I have enjoyed following the Kelce brothers this past year. It was sad to see the Eagles lose in the last playoff game — and hear that Jason Kelce has decided to retire.
However, the Chiefs are still in the game, and I’m rooting for them because I live in Missouri. However, I lived in New York during Jim Kelly’s reigning years, and we held many Superbowl parties at our house.
So, with that being said, I probably won’t be disappointed either way. Who are you rooting for in the playoffs?
5. I didn’t watch the Emmies, but I did scroll through to see who some of the winners were. Two cast members from The Bear series on Hulu won awards, so I was curious. I started watching Season One this past week and have enjoyed it. The storyline differs from typical TV sitcoms, so I think it’s pretty good. The episodes are only around thirty minutes, too.
6. Seint turned seven this past Tuesday. The theme of the birthday celebration was 007 (Bond-themed). I stayed up late to snag some exclusive releases but was disappointed that the highly desired items sold out within 8 hours, and I didn’t get the sales I had hoped for.
This is where the word GRIT comes into play. Slow and steady, with perseverance and determination — I will achieve my goals over time. I’m still finding my groove.
I am passionate about this makeup and how it makes me feel beautiful and confident as I approach 50 and I’m in the heart of menopause. I hope to use that passion to empower other women to feel that way, too.
7. It was a great week on the blog, with TWO new posts. I shared the following:
8. Just a quick reminder to keep my sister in your prayers this week. Kristine has a D&C on the 25th in the morning. Please pray alongside us for a good report. Many thanks.
9. Yesterday, I decided to head to the mall for a little retail therapy. Did I need anything? NOPE. However, I just wanted to go to one of my favorite stores and browse.
Around the Web:
This Lasagna Soup.
Pink Lady Punch (for a Galentine’s Party)
Loving this sweater. 💚
This Striped Waffle Shirt.
These Galentine’s Day Gift Tags.
Pssst. Enjoying the content? Buying me a coffee or two occasionally is a fabulous way to support all my hard work and the content I provide. Thank YOU!