Happy Saturday, and happy hellos from a bitter cold Rogersville, MO.
I snapped this photo on my iPhone last weekend. Isn’t Holly Berry beautiful?
1. Back to church, we go! I may have mentioned before that we had become very comfortable streaming church. We discussed it and decided that as of the new year, we would be intentional about attending church in person.
So, last Sunday, on the 7th, we were out the door by 10 a.m. for a 10:30 a.m. service. It felt so good to be there in person.
2. Weather. Be careful what you wish for, huh? 🥶
I did want colder temps, but instead of Mother Nature meeting us in the middle, we dropped to frigid temperatures. Haha. Our weather was so unpredictable this week that a couple of social outings were canceled. Boo…
This weekend, we have several advisories in place. We have our essentials, so we’ll hunker down at home and stay warm. Between today and next Tuesday, we’ll be doing a song and dance between -3º F and 22º F.
I was hoping for a good dump of snow, but no such luck yet. What is the weather like in your area?
3. American Underdog. Have you seen this movie? It’s based on the story of quarterback Kurt Warner, an NFL MVP and Hall of Famer.
It was so good. Talk about a guy with a dream and determination. I was moved to tears at the end. I believe it was released in 2021. I highly recommend it.
4. Makeup Biz. This week, I did some deep diving into my makeup business.
I did some onboarding for a social selling course and started to learn the ropes of Project Broadcast (a texting platform). I want to be able to automate some things and schedule text to my customers regarding sales, tips, etc.
I also booked a trip to Ohio for a Girl’s Weekend with some of my team members in February. We’ll be watching the Seint virtual conference together and doing some training and brainstorming.
It will be nice to meet some of them and my upline. Virtual work can be tricky sometimes.
5. HOA Meeting. I serve on our HOA, and it was time for our annual meeting, where we vote for our Board Members. We’ve had a lot of drama in our neighborhood, particularly around the subject of rentals. 🙄
I was expecting some tension at the meeting, but I never imagined that I would have contributed to it. I started raising my voice. GULP. It wasn’t my finest moment, but I’m also human.
I was flustered about where all the blame was being placed and why anyone would move into a neighborhood with an HOA if you didn’t want to pay the fees and abide by the rules. It’s baffling to me. 🤷🏼♀️
6. Have you heard of The Bible Recap? I’ve seen it on social media several times and decided to see what it was about. It’s a daily companion to reading through the Bible. I’ve never read through the Bible in its entirety, so I bought it.
Another intention of mine was to get back to a daily devotion (preferably in the mornings), and I think this will be a part of that this year. Have you ever read through the Bible?
7. In the news regarding my caffeine intake. Since having COVID for the fourth time last month, I have been able to stop drinking caffeine at night.
I used to cozy up on the couch every night to watch TV with a cup of joe. Now, I drink water, decaffeinated coffee, or tea. Yay me! This is a BIG win.
I’ve been trying to limit the amount of coffee I drink daily since menopause has kicked in, too. It seems to have an impact on my anxiety.
8. In November, I mentioned my twin sister was going through some physical challenges. She was finally able to see a gynecologist, and there were some concerns regarding the lining of her uterus. On the 25th, she’ll be having a D&C.
Cancer was mentioned, so we’re all praying for a good report. It’s a little unsettling, but I’m leaning into the Lord. Would you agree with me in prayer?
Around the Web:
This One Pot Oven Beef Stew.
These Healthy Cranberry Scones.
These Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies. 😋
These 22 Home Hacks for Renters (some are pretty genius).
These Winter Staycation Ideas.
These Hot Cocoa Bombs for V-Day.
One Last Hoorah:
Pssst. Enjoying the content? Buying me a coffee or two occasionally is a fabulous way to support all my hard work and the content I provide. Thank YOU!