Hello-hello-hello-hello! First and foremost, I want to wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you’ll be celebrating with friends and/or family. My mom is hosting this year — I love Thanksgiving. While we should be grateful year-round, it is a day that is set aside to be more intentional.
I’m grateful for YOU! Thank you for being a part of my little slice of the World Wide Web. I appreciate you spending time with me when you can — you give this blog purpose.
Below is a picture from an Autumn Tablescape I shared in 2020.
1. It was a fairly uneventful and unproductive week. I hate to admit it, but I feel like the winter blues are already creeping in. I feel so meh already. Sigh. I probably need to pump up my Vitamin D here soon.
2. Schofield and Gray Holiday Market last weekend was fabulous. My mom, sister, and I had a lovely time. The weather was perfect, too.
We sipped on some wassail while perusing all of the local artisan’s and vintage vendor’s spaces. I picked up a couple of things like a candle, an Ozark poster, etc.
I stocked up on Kettle Corn and found lots of inspiration for some crafty things to share with you! YAY! Stay tuned.
3. You guys… I bought a Bingo game set on Marketplace a couple of years ago. Why I didn’t think to check that all of the necessary pieces were accounted for is beyond me, but I didn’t. I guess you can say that I assumed someone wouldn’t lie about it, either. 🤷🏼♀️
Well, they did. And I learned that this past summer. I believe 3 or 4 of the wooden balls were missing, and there were no “extras” in the box. So, I’ve been on a hunt for 16mm bingo balls. I’ve had no luck.
I ordered a set from Target, and they were too small for the cage. I ordered another set from Amazon, and they were too large for the cage. I checked Hobby Lobby and Michaels for just the wooden balls — nothing, nada, kaput.
Yes, they had wooden beads. However, that just isn’t going to work for this perfectionist. So, I turned to Etsy. I’m crossing my fingers and toes that the 16mm wooden balls I ordered will work. I’ll just have to handwrite the letters and numbers on them.
Lesson learned. Womp, womp, womp.
4. On Tuesday, the family went to Olive Garden for dinner to celebrate my dad’s 73rd birthday. Afterward, we went to the house for some pie and gifts.
There’s never a shortage of laughter when the family’s together. Isn’t my dad a cutie?
5. My second cousin, Jake (from State Farm, sorry I couldn’t resist), has lived in the area for a couple of years, working on his master’s and doing a lot of networking within the Assemblies of God. He’ll officially leave for the mission field in January 2024. Jake will be training in Dubai and eventually heading to Nepal.
He stopped by my parents on Tuesday night when we were celebrating my dad’s birthday. It was nice to catch up and hear what adventures lie ahead. He’ll be heading home to Wisconsin for the holidays and doing some itinerating to get additional funds for his mission work.
I’m excited about all that God has in store for him and those who have yet to hear the gospel.
6. I’ve decided to add doing a puzzle to my seasonal activities. I think it will be a good way to shift my nonstop mind every now and again. I can listen to Christmas music and focus on putting together a festive puzzle.
I picked up this Snowy Friends Snowman puzzle this week at Hobby Lobby. I’m sure it will be a bit challenging, but I’m going to have a go at it.
7. I visited the eye doctor again this week to try a different pair of contacts. I’m determined to find some contacts I can wear comfortably.
The last pair they had me try, my vision was blurry. They ordered me another trial pair, and I’m hopeful.
With Seint, I’m doing a lot more videos and pictures in front of an O ring, so the glares are hard to work with. Plus, I can’t wear my glasses to apply the makeup… haha. I’m simply looking for an alternative. Does that make sense?
8. I’ve officially started Christmas shopping. I want all the gifts purchased before December 1st — and all that will be left will be stocking stuffers. How about you?
9. I am obsessed with these Knit Waffle Shackets. Yes, they’re Juniors, but they run big! They’re awesome sauce. I love wearing these types of button-ups over t-shirts. Grab yourself one or two (or three because there is NO judgment here). 😂🤣
Around the Web:
These Mini Raspberry Almond Tarts.
These Simple Wine Cork Trees.
Throwback to these Yarn Wrapped Star Ornaments.
These Watercolor Christmas Stickers. 🥰
Darling Kitchen Utensils in Crock Ornament.
Pssst. Enjoying the content? Buying me a coffee or two occasionally is a fabulous way to support all my hard work and the content I provide. Thank YOU!