Muffins should be a breakfast staple, don’t you think? Blueberry Muffins have always been a real treat and they’re a popular choice for me when it’s on the coffee shop menu. Some come with a delicious streusel and others might have sugar sprinkled on the top.
And since July is National Blueberry Month, there is not greater time than the present to share this simple (yet delicious) recipe with you!
I don’t make muffins very often, so they seem to be more of treat than anything. My mom recently did some blueberry picking and brought me some. I’m not sure why, but I don’t really eat blueberries raw. I prefer them cooked.
I didn’t want to see them go to waist, so I decided to whip up a batch of simple Blueberry Muffins. These are simple to make and not too sweet — letting the blueberries take center stage (wink).
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries canned or frozen work as well
- Heat oven to 400º F. Spray muffins cups (12 medium) with cooking spray or line with paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, beat milk, oil and egg with fork or wire whisk until well mixed. Stir in flour, sugar, baking powder and salt all at once until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- Fold in blueberries. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Serve warm if desired.
Whether you’re enjoying one for breakfast or a snack, they’re sure to hit the spot (especially if you love blueberries).
If you’re a BIG muffin fan, these Six Week Bran Muffins are some of my absolute favorites! Mmmm. I might have to make a batch of these up this week.
Be sure to visit with me here too:
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | Google+
Leave a Reply