Thanksgiving is quickly approaching! Will you be hosting this year? Maybe you’re taking a dish to a gathering. Today is your lucky day. I’m sharing a Mashed Sweet Potatoes side dish — and collaborating with some of my bloggy friends to bring you 25+ Amazing Holiday Recipes that we hope will inspire your menu for the upcoming Thanksgiving celebration. What do you think? Pretty exciting, right?
Like I said, I’m sharing a delicious mashed sweet potato recipe, then we’ll get to the other delicious goodness! Anwyho, I love sweet potatoes in just about any shape or size. I tend to eat them baked with butter and brown sugar, but for a side dish at Thanksgiving or while entertaining, it’s mashed all the way! Sweet potato fries are awesome sauce too! Let’s whip up a batch of these Mashed Sweet Potatoes, shall we? #nomnomnom
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 lb. sweet potatoes peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup Almond milk
- 2 Tbsp light butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg or to taste
- Place a steamer basket in large saucepan. Add enough water to come just below the basket. Bring water to a boil and reduct heat to a simmer.
- Place potatoes in steamer, cover and cook until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain and return to saucepan.
- Mash warm sweet potatoes with a hand mixer or potato masher.
- Add almond milk, butter, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Mix until all ingredients are well blended, adding salt and pepper to taste.
| Main Dishes |
Maple – Glazed Turkey with Bacon and Sage | Five Heart Home
Turkey Tetrazzini w/ Mushrooms and Kale | The Fountain Ave Kitchen
Orange Balsamic Glazed Ham | Cherished Bliss
Turkey Soup | Carmel Moments
Cranberry Stuffed Turkey | Thoughts from Alice
| Vegetables |
Cauliflower Gratin | Love Grows Wild
Creamy Cheese Corn Casserole | Five Heart Home
Cranberry Citrus Salad with Goat Cheese and Pecans | Delightful E Made
Sautéed French Green Beans | Cherished Bliss
| Potatoes |
| Sides & Breads |
| Pies |
Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie | Cooking with Curls
Apple Pie Waffles | Club Narwhal
Raspberry Pie | Dessert Now Dinner Later
Triple Layer Chocolate Pie | I Should be Mopping the Floor
Salted Caramel Pumpkin Pecan Pie | Lemon Tree Dwelling
| Desserts |
No Bake Brown Sugar Cheesecake w/ Spiced Pears | Baking a Moment
Nutella Kahlua Truffles | Kleinworth & Co
Pumpkin Cupcakes & Maple Cream Cheese Frosting | Cupcake Diaries
Cream Filled Coffee Cake | Tastes of Lizzy T
Cranberry Orange Mulled Wine | Wine and Glue
Praline Pumpkin Cheesecake | Maison De Pax