Who loves to indulge in a good bacon burger? ME!! What if you sandwiched that bacon burger between two grilled cheese sandwiches? I think your tastebuds might go into over drive. Melting cheese, beef and bacon are one amazing combination.
Now, let’s chat a wee-bit about my husband. He loves to eat everything and anything that is bad for your heart. French fries, chicken wings, cheese fries, and more. When he finds a dish that tickles his fancy — you might as well consider it a regular. Haha.
A local restaurant called Hot Shots serves a sandwich very similar to this. I’ll never forget the day he came home from work and shared his new found love — the Woody Burger. I said it sounded like a heart attack and he agreed in saying, “It is to die for.”
So when I mentioned that I was participating in Bacon Month, he insisted that we try our hand at making our version of the Woody Burger. I took a bite of it to say that I did, but I’m thinking this is more a of a manly burger. Don’t get me wrong, it is delicious, but very filling.
When life throws
you a burger… EAT IT!
If you like grilled cheese sandwiches and bacon burgers — this recipe is for YOU!
|Grilled Cheese Bacon Burger|| |
- 1 pound hamburger
- 8 slices of bread
- 10 slices cheddar cheese
- 6 pieces of bacon, cooked
- Butter or Mayonnaise
- Make two ½ pound patties of hamburger. Set aside.
- Prep the grilled cheese by spreading the outside of bread slices with mayonnaise or butter.
- Cook the hamburger patties (to your preference). Add cheese.
- Sandwich together 2 slices of cheese for each grilled cheese. Toast the sandwich in a skillet over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes per side, until each side is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Place the hamburger on one grilled cheese sandwich. Add bacon and additional toppings/condiments of choice. Place the second grilled cheese sandwich on top and serve.
I’m going to guess that you’re getting very, very hungry! Guess what? Here are some more incredible bacon recipes to tickle your fancy!
Crab & Bacon Rolls | Epic Bacon Croque Madame Pizza
TABLET Sandwich | Bacon Pesto | Bacon Chicken Noodle Casserole
Grilled Cheese Bacon Burger (ME!!) | 7-Layer Salad
No Churn Bacon Ice Cream | BLT Puff Pastry Tart
Previously shared recipes for Bacon Month include…