Hey yall! My name is Kelley and I am excited to be sharing Kelly’s space today. [Kind of confusing, huh? Kelley and Kelly. ha!] I just adore Kelly. We have met twice and she is just the sweetest, most down to earth person I have met. And I’m only slightly jealous she is over having a fabulous time in Europe. But today I have an easy fall recipe that is perfect for breakfast, an afternoon snack or a quick dessert. Its versatile and good for you! How awesome is that? Read on to find out a little bit about me [Kelley] and how to make this easy Apple Pie Parfait!
I mentioned that I’ve met Kelly twice, both times were at blog conferences here in Texas. [I’m a Texas girl by the way. Born and raised!] We got to spend 3 days together this past September in Galveston. I have been blogging for 3 years over at the Grant life and I love sharing new recipes and our family life. Its quite the mix.
I’m also a momma to two preschoolers who are exactly 14 months apart. I work from home on my blog and I am also a licensed Texas REALTOR. So we are pretty busy over here at the Grant house. I go for easy recipes with homemade recipes. The easier the better. [Am I right?!] Plus, if its good for you [like this apple pie parfait] then that’s even better.
Apple Parfait Recipe
- 8 oz of plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp chai seeds
- 1/4 cup rolled oats uncooked
- 1 apple chopped
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- Start by sautéing your apples with the butter and the cinnamon. They should be soft after about 7 minutes.
- Set them aside and let them cool.
- Mix together the Greek yogurt, chai seeds and rolled oats.
- Add a layer of yogurt to your jar, then apples, then yogurt, etc. Continue until you have filled your jar.
- Top with a dash of cinnamon!