Homemade gifts! I love them. They feel straight from the heart, ya know? So, let’s talk about scrubs. Confession: I’ve always seen them around the web and pinned them, tweeted them, and stumbled them. However, I never made them. I guess I was a little frightened by the fear of the unknown. HA! Well, this past summer I was in Texas for the Blog Elevated conference. Imperial Sugar happened to be a sponsor and at the opening reception they had a whole area set up to make your own scrubs. What? I was like, “Yes, please!” All that to say that they’re really not that hard to make aaaaand I fell in love with this one! Chocolate Sugar Lip Scrub. It’s delicious and the perfect exfoliator for your lips, being that chocolate is rich in antioxidants.
|Chocolate Sugar Lip Scrub|| |
- 3 tablespoons Hershey's Cocoa, Special Dark
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup grapeseed oil
- Mix all ingredients together and stir.
- Apply a teaspoon amount of scrub to your lips and gently rub in a circular motion for at least one minute.
- Wipe off with a a wet cloth or eat.
Place in small jars, add a ribbon and they’re ready for giving. This Chocolate Sugar Lip scrub makes the perfect Christmas gift too!
With that being said, Happy Exfoliating!