My sweet friend Ashley is back today visiting with us from Little Glass Jar! She is sharing an adorable rustic wood drink coaster tutorial! They are perfectly rustic too.
All you need is love, right? Love and a good DIY in my case! Valentine’s Day is coming up soon and I thought I would share a fun little DIY with you guys! If you have been following along with my past posts here at Live Laugh Rowe, you know I love incorporating wood in a lot of my projects. Well, this one is no different! I thought I would share an adorable rustic wood drink coaster in the shape of hearts that I made to add to your lovey dovey décor!
To be completely honest I like to keep a lot of my home décor neutral, so I just stained these cuties, but you can paint them whatever color you’d like! They are simple, but I already love them!
Supplies for Rust Wood Drink Coasters:
- 1×6″ Scrap Wood
- Heart Stencil
- Jig Saw
- Wood Stain
1. Use a heart stencil to draw two heart shapes on the piece of 1×6″ wood ( I just folded a piece of paper in half and drew half a heart at the crease, once cut and unfolded makes a symmetrical heart).
2. Use a jigsaw to carefully cut out the hearts.
3. Sand the edges smooth with a hand sander or piece of sandpaper.
4. Stain both hearts with your choice of wood stain. Once the stain is dry, apply paint (if desired).
5. Apply polyurethane to seal. And you are good to go!
Didn’t I tell you that was easy!? They are a little larger than yourtypical coasters, but I think I like them that way! What do you think!?
Do you love these? If you do, I hope you come and visit me over at Little Glass Jar! I would love to have you! Here is another fun project you will see over there of mine, like this Vintage Door Headboard we have in our guest bedroom!
Keep my good friend Kelly in your prayers friends! I wish her a speedy recovery! Thanks for visiting with me today!
Let’s stay social!
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest
Linking up to Between Naps on the Porch
Leave a Reply