Well hello there! Miss me? I hope so!
I’m back here, at Live Laugh Rowe and I’m making myself comfortable. Today, I’m sharing a delicious Octoberfest themed breakfast! It’s Octoberfest Sausage Potato and Onion Frittata!
Many people are having Octoberfest parties this month and going to festivals. We are actually going to the festival this Saturday! So a good start to a day filled with Octoberfest themed food is a breakfast filled with sausage, onions and potatoes.
I personally love frittatas because they are versatile, look fancy and take only about 30 minutes. You won’t be tired of this dish too fast because you can play around with different fillings. Try adding some fresh herbs too for extra fresh flavor. You know how much I love herbs.
Octoberfest Sausage Potato and Onion Frittata
- 1 bratwurst
- 1 potato 1/3 cup chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbs water
- salt pepper to taste
- Start by heating through an oven safe pan in the stove top, on medium heat.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Get the meat out of the bratwurst and separate it into many small pieces.
- Peel and dice the potato.
- Saute onions, potatoes and sausage on medium heat until cooked through.
- Whisk eggs, water and some salt and pepper together, until smooth.
- Add egg mixture to the pan, make sure that the filling is even throughout the pan.
- Cook until the bottom is set and the mixture is starting to cook through on sides and top.
- Place the pan in the oven and cook for a couple of minutes. Change the oven setting to broiler and cook until the top is golden and cooked (about 3 minutes but check often).