Oh breakfast, how I love thee! What is it about breakfast food that I love it so much? I seriously love it all. Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Pancakes, French Toast, Oatmeal, Corned Beef Hash, Hash-browns, Toast, Cream of Wheat, etc. etc. So, you can imagine my delight in finding this Impossibly Easy Breakfast Bake that includes quite a few of those delicious breakfast ingredients and another pantry essential – Bisquick!
Impossibly Easy Breakfast Bake
- 2 packages 12 oz each bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium bell pepper chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese 8 oz
- 1 cup Original Bisquick mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs
- Heat oven to 400 F. Grease rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches.
- Cook sausage, bell pepper and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir together sausage mixture, potatoes and 1-1/2 cups of the cheese in baking dish.
- Stir Bisquick mix, milk, pepper and eggs until blended. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake uncovered 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or just until cheese is melted. Cool 5 minutes.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Betty Crocker via Burst Media. The opinions and text are all mine.