How many of us use the words healthy and chocolate in the same sentence? HA! Well, these Healthy Chocolate Chip Muffins fit the bill… dark chocolate, less calories and less guilt? Yes, please! Kelley from The Grant Life is here sharing this yummy goodness today. Enjoy!
Hello y’all! I am super excited to be here (again) while our girl Kelly is recovering. I have an easy and healthy recipe to share today. It’s that time of the year were we start to focus on making better choices. And this choice is full of dark chocolate goodness!
I know, I know. You’re probably thinking – how can it have chocolate and be good for you? Dark chocolate is full of healthy benefits like the ability to lower your blood pressure levels and help reduce the risk of diabetes. On top of that, it’s just plain tasty! And these breakfast muffins also have healthy oats, bananas and coconut oil. They are packed full on healthy and delicious.
Healthy Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups mashed bananas grab some over ripe ones!
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl. It will be thick when done.
- Put the muffin mix in the tin and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool and remove from pan.
These also freeze really well. The recipe makes approximately 4-6 muffins, so feel free to double or triple the recipe and make extras. Just seal them in a ziploc bag and defrost them as you need. Here’s to a great New Year for everyone and a quick recovery for our favorite girl!