A family favorite, this Cottage Cheese Jello Salad is made with five simple ingredients that you might already have in your pantry and refrigerator. So, let’s take a closer look at this jello salad recipe.
Be sure to sign up for my email to get
new recipes and creative ideas
sent right to your inbox!
How many of you have a recipe that takes you back to your childhood? And is it still a favorite to this day? Well, this is one of those recipes for me.
Yummy and sentimental.
As a matter of fact, several years ago I shared the idea for a family DIY Cookbook here on the blog. That post was inspired by a cookbook my sister made for my mom. In short, that cookbook included this delicious recipe.
I certainly remember my mom making this for church potlucks, special events, holidays, and more. And guess what? It’s still a go-to dish for my mom — and for me.
Recently, my family had a big barbecue while some extended family was in town. My mom asked me to bring the Cottage Cheese Jello Salad. Of course, I was happy to make it.
My mom is so cute. She really loves this jello salad. I recall her saying to me, “I could eat this every day.”
Of course, she asked to keep some of the leftovers after the barbecue too. And, of course, I was happy to oblige.
Yep, it’s that good. Creamy, crunchy (from the pineapple), and not too sweet. In addition, it has a perfect melody of flavors.
How to Make Cottage Cheese Jello Salad:
Box of Dry Jello
1. Drain mandarin oranges and crushed pineapple well.
2. After that, combine all ingredients and mix well.
3. Chill (optional) and serve.
Variations for Cottage Cheese Jello Salad:
- This jello salad can be made and served immediately; however, I like for it to chill a bit and allow for the dry jello to dissolve a bit.
- If using mandarin oranges with no sugar, be sure to rinse them after draining. As a result, this will remove artificial sweeteners that might add an unfavorable taste to the jello salad.
- In short, if you’re looking for a lighter version, use low-fat cottage cheese and fat-free cool whip.
Want to try this Cottage Cheese Jello Salad?
PIN IT to your DESSERT or SUMMER
board to save for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Cottage Cheese Jello Salad
- 16 oz Cottage Cheese
- 3 oz Box of Dry Jello, Strawberry (or any flavor)
- 15 oz Can of Mandarin Oranges, drained
- 20 oz Can of Crushed Pineapple, drained
- 8 oz Container of Cool Whip
- Drain mandarin oranges and crushed pineapple.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Chill and Serve.