Jelli is back with us today from Jelli Bean Journals sharing this mini Sour Cream Coffee Cake recipe! Great for sharing or gifting. Enjoy!
Sour cream coffee cake pairs beautifully with a steamy cup of coffee on a chilly day. Share the cinnamony, buttery coffee cake love with your friends and family by baking a batch of sour cream coffee cake mini loaves this holiday season or anytime. Because dessert minis are just so stinkin’ cute and nobody has to know if you devour the entire cake youself.
I’ve shared my mouthwatering recipe for coffee cake before, but this heirloom family recipe, passed down from my Great Uncle Jim deserves paparazzi staking out the oven, it’s so tasty. This time, we’re baking the sour cream coffee cake in mini loaf pans to package up and share. You could also opt to make a handful of mini loaves, eat a couple now and save some for later. They freeze beautifully and make a handy snack when unexpected visitors stop by.
Easy Coffee Cake Mini Loaves
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1½ cup sugar
- 2 sticks melted margarine or butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon. baking powder
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ c. white sugar
- ½ t. cinnamon
- Mix eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, and sour cream together in a large bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients in another bowl, stir together, and add to wet. Mix well.
- Pour into greased mini loaf pans.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over both cakes evenly.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted removes clean.
If you love pairing up ordinary coffee or your own homemade specialty coffees with buttery baked goods, rest assured that these treats are also sure to please!: