Today I thought I would participate in on Top Ten Tuesday at Oh Amanda — which, by the way, I went to Central Bible College with for a short time. Good times!! Amanda in on the professional side of blogging, so you should definetely check out her blog. Anywho, on to Top Ten Tuesday.
If there is one thing I enjoy in life — it’s to smile and laugh. Dr. Seuss has that effect on me… and some time ago I bought a book called Seuss-isms, Wise and Witty Prescriptions for Living from the Good Doctor. Enjoy and may the Doctor inspire (and make you smile)!
1) On loyalty:: I meant what I said. And I said what I meant… An elephant’s faithful. One hundred per cent! (Horton Hatches the Egg)
2) On facing up to adversity:: I learned there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready, you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me! (I Had Trouble in Getting to Solla Sollew) Side note — This is one of my all time favorites!!!
3) On life’s mysteries:: ‘Cause you never can tell what goes one down below! This pool might be bigger than you or I know! (McElligot’s Pool)
4) On aging:: You’re in pretty good shape for the shape you are in! (You’re Only Old Once!)
5) On being true to yourself:: You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go. (Oh, the Places You’ll Go!)
6) On success:: So be sure when you step. Step with care and great tact and remember that Life’s a Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and 3/4 % guaranteed.) Kid, You’ll Move Mountains! (Oh, the Places You’ll Go!)
7) On equality and justice:: A person’s a person, no matter how small. (Horton Hears a Who!)
8) On spirituality:: Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before! “Maybe Christmas,” he thought, “doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas…perhaps…means a little bit more!” (How the Grinch Stole Christmas)
9) On being true to yourself:: Come one! Open your mouth and sound off at the sky! Shout loud at the top of your voice, “I AM I!” Me! I am I! And I may not know why But I know that I like it. Three cheers! I AM I! (Happy Birthday to You!)
10) On going places:: So you see! There’s not end to the things you might know, depending how far beyond Zebra you go! (On Beyond Zebra!)