Pasta Dinner with Pine Nuts and Bacon
- 10 oz dry pasta
- 6-5 strips of bacon raw
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped (about a cup and a half)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 6-8 basil leaves chopped
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to the package and set aside.
- In a large pan, cook the bacon until crispy, take out the bacon strips (keep the grease) and add the onions to the pan. Saute until transparent.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper flakes to the pan. Chop the bacon and add it to the pan as well. Cook until tomatoes are soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add pasta, pine nuts, and basil. Stir everything very well and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Garnish with come pine nuts and basil leaves.