Boo! It’s me again, Lyuba from Will Cook For Smiles! It’s my turn again to come and entertain all of you, lovely LLR readers! I’m always happy to come here and share my recipes with you. This time, I’m sharing an unbelievable Key Lime Pie Milkshake!
I still can’t believe that summer is here. It seems like we just celebrated New Year’s and my little man started school. Now, he is done with his very first semester and on summer break. I am on summer break as well and loving it! So much fun stuff to do, I just wish it wasn’t so hot!
In the summer time, we all like to indulge in frozen treats. What a better way to cool down in the summer than with a nice milkshake, smoothie or posicles?! Well, pool may be… Better yet, sitting in the pool while enjoying this Key Lime Pie Milkshake!
I love key lime flavors. It’s one of the best flavors to represent summer, tropics and relaxing vacations. Being in Florida, I have access to so much great citrus that I constantly bake with it and add it to desserts and drinks.
Key Lime Pie Milkshake (Work in Progress)
- 2 scoops of vanilla bean ice cream
- 1 lime frozen fruit bar
- Zest of 1 key lime and juice squeezed from the same key lime
- 1 1/2 5 by 2 1/2 inch honey graham crackers
- 2/3 cup of milk a little more if you like it thinner
- About 2 tbs of graham cracker crumbs for the rim
- Milkshake: Combine ice cream, fruit bar, milk and graham crackers in the blender. Zest the key lime into the blender. Cut the key lime in half and squeeze it into the blender as well. Blend until nice and smooth.
- Rim: In a plate, place the graham cracker crumbs in a wide mount. Rub the squeezed half of the key lime around the rim. Roll the glass rim in the graham crackers until it's coated.
- Transfer the milkshake into the glass and garnish with a couple of graham crackers.