Delectable and perfectly spiced Italian Stuffed Mushrooms.
Sometimes it’s fun to take an old family recipe and spice it up bit! My mom has been making a stuffed mushroom recipe since I was a kiddo. I thought I would share that recipe today with a couple of changes. I used a panko bread crumb (giving it a flakier, crunchy texture) and substituted a tablespoon of the Hidden Valley Ranch Homestyle Italian Dressing Mix for the spices. They were delectable! This recipe is incredibly easy and sure to have your family and friends lining up for seconds.
My husband kept strolling through the kitchen asking when he could have more! I chuckled, but couldn’t argue with the fact that they were tasty. Let’s grab a few ingredients before we start pulling this deliciousness together!
Italian Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 lb. medium mushrooms
- 5 tbsp. butter divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp. Hidden Valley Homestyle Italian Dressing Mix
- Heat oven to 35o.
- Wash, trim and dry mushrooms thoroughly.
- Remove stems, finely chop enough stems to measure 1/3 cup.
- Melt 4 tbsp. butter in skillet. Cook and stir chopped mushroom stems, onion and green pepper in butter until tend (approximately 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat: stir in bread crumbs and italian dressing mix.
- Melt 1 tbsp. butter in shallow dish.
- Fill mushroom caps with stuffing mixture; place filled mushrooms (filled side up) in baking dish.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Set oven to broil at 500 and broil mushrooms 3-4 inches from top of oven for approximately 2 minutes.
Are your ready to whip a batch of these up? They’re mouthwatering good with the perfect amount of seasoning. Each mushroom is only 1 point each if you make three dozen. Deliciously light! I love how versatile Hidden Valley products are! From dressings and dips to sandwich spreads and side dish solutions, the special blend of herbs and spices makes Hidden Valley the perfect addition to any recipe. For more delectable ranch recipes, visit www.hiddenvalley.com.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hidden Valley Ranch. The opinions and text are all mine.