The hot summer temps have arrived. This weekend was a warm one — with intense humidity. Boo!! With the hot and humid temps, I tend to have a little craving (or two) for frozen treats! I ran out of my Strawberry Banana Frozen Yogurt Bars, so I gave these Frozen Chocolate and Oreo Soufflés a try. Oh. my. goodness! If you love chocolate pudding, Oreo cookies and cool whip — you’re in for treat!
Friends! Listen to me! These frosty delights are great to have on-hand when you don’t want to head out in the heat… they seriously beat out some of my favorite ice cream treats from local establishments. Soooo good. All kinds of chocolate with a crunch. It’s perfection!
On a side note, my husband LOVED this softened (basically in pudding form). So, if you prefer softer desserts — it’s just as good softened with oreos as the topping. I can almost assure you that if you’re a chocolate lover or Oreo cookie lover, you won’t be disappointed! Give one or both versions a try!
Frozen Chocolate and Oreo “Soufflés”
- 3 cups skim milk
- 2 packages 3.9 oz each Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 2 cups thawed Lite Whipped Topping
- 16 Oreo cookies chopped (approximately 2 cups)
- 8 maraschino cherries optional
- Pour skim milk into medium bowl. Add both dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes. Gently stir in lite whipped topping.
- Evenly distribute chopped cookies into each of 8 (8-9 oz) paper drinking cups. Cover evenly amongst cups, using half of the pudding mixture. Press gently with back of spoon (or tap bottom of cup on counter a few times) to eliminate air pockets.
- Freeze 5 hours or until firm.
- Remove from freezer about 15-20 minutes before serving to soften slightly. Peel away paper to remove onto dessert plates. Top each soufflé with a cherry (optional).
- Store leftovers in freezer
What’s your favorite summer frozen treat?
Care to stay in the loop? I’d love to have you!
Catch me snapping + sharing pictures over on Instagram.
Subscribe to Updates | Like on Facebook | Follow on Pinterest
Leave a Reply